I feel like I have officially been inducted into the Blogosphere! I have been nominated for an award! The protocol is that I pass this on, so I am interrupting my regularly scheduled plant-based/twin talk for some blogging geekdom! First of all, THANK YOU to An American Hermit Crab in Denmark, I’m so honoured! And please check out her lovely blog (in particular, her amazing Bob Marley knit doll – awesome)! Now for the rest:
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
2. Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
3. Select 15 excellent blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I have been blogging for under a year, and since I’m still new to the scene, most of my blog loves are fairly well-established sites, so I may not get 15, but I’ll do my best:
1. The lovely Kelly at Three and a half vegans, who rocked VeganMoFo in 2011, btw, and makes the tastiest looking vegan fare;
2. Ashley at Calmly Chaotic, who is helping me survive my impending twindom;
3. Multiple Momstrosity, another twin mom who I couldn’t live without right now;
4. Live. Learn. Love. Eat. Tiffany has been so candid about raising her family on a vegan diet, she truly is an inspiration;
5. Frontier Dreams is an adorable blog about a mom of 3. Tons of knitting and sewing love here;
6. My Veggie Baby is a beautiful blog about a first pregnancy and the vegan diet. So of course, I’m a bit in love;
7. The Tie Dye Files, a great vegan site with tons of recipes and thoughts about vegan living, healthy eating, and activism.
8. Vegan Culinary Crusade, a great raw/vegan site that makes the diet look sooo tasty and easy.
Okay, so I can’t make it to 15, but that’s a good start, and hopefully some of you will check these sites out!
And here are the seven things about myself:
1. I haven’t dyed my hair in about 8 years. It gets all streaky in the summer time, so people think I get highlights, but I don’t. And I’m proud of that!
2. I have a giant stack of books beside my bed. I mean somewhere between 15-20 books at any given time. I might have a problem…
3. I played classical flute for 10 years. In fact, I was in the youth orchestra where I played flute and piccolo!
4. I did not eat mushrooms until I was 27. Don’t know what I would do without them now (well, except during queasy pregnancy times…)
5. My husband and I have a deal, I don’t paint my fingernails (he hates nail polish for some reason) and he doesn’t eat lamb in front of me. So far it’s a great deal.
6. I have travelled across Canada in a Greyhound bus twice! (well not all the way across, I went from B.C. to Ottawa, Ontario). It takes 3 days and 3 nights, and it takes 24 hours to get out of Ontario. I have also sworn to never do it again!
7. I went to an arts highschool, just like the movie Fame! I was in Literary Arts (Creative Writing) and I wouldn’t trade that experience for the world!
Thanks again for the nomination 🙂
I’ll be back on Friday with big news…I know the sexes of my babies!!!